Monday, January 6, 2014

Introduction. Why a Comics Blog?

Well... I was bored. I like comics. I've been listening to a bunch of other comics podcasts, and thought my opinions are just as valid as anyone else.

The first comic I ever remember buying and reading was Sensational Spider-Man #18 from 1997. Before that I had only met Spider-Man from his cartoon on Fox, and before that the X-Men, although my brother watched that more than me, and before that Batman. All around the time I was 6-8 years old.

I don't plan to cover any superheroes depictions beyond the medium of comics. There are plenty of blogs for that, but for some reason when I come across those I tune out or skip them. I'm just not interested in reviewing how they're portrayed beyond a sequential art spectrum. I love the Batman series up until it switched to the WB. But I'm not interested in talking about those anymore than that they were my gateway into the worlds of Marvel and DC.

To get a sense of me and my likes, here are some lists.

Some of my favorite creators include: Jack Kirby, Roy Thomas, Steve Ditko, Grant Morrison, Jim Steranko, Kurt Busiek, C.C. Beck, Neal Adams, Bill Mantlo, Denny O'Neil, Murphy Anderson, Joe Kubert, Mark Waid, Jim Kruger, Alex Ross and Stan Lee

Some of my favorite titles: The Filth, The Defenders, Earth X/Universe X/Paradise X, Astro City, The Invaders, The Atom, All Star Squadron, Fantastic Four, The Demon, OMAC, Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne

I grew up reading Marvel more than DC, but I like what both companies have to offer. My favorite character from the Marvel universe is Namor, the Sub-Mariner (before he was established as "Marvel's first mutant") My favorite character from the DC universe is a bit hard for me to narrow down. I lost interest in most of DC during Flashpoint and the reboot. Before the reboot, it was probably Zatanna. I dunno, Dove is kinda interesting I guess.

With this blog I plan to synopsis the Marvel Universe from Fantastic Four #1 onwards and see where we go. I've seen a few other blogs attempting to do this, this is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment